Adjunct Recruiter, Graduate Program - Office of the Provost
Job no: 493290
Work type: EAP - 12-Month Adjunct AP (Administrative Professional)
Summary: The Recruiter, Graduate Programs is responsible for recruiting potential students to the graduate programs at Grand Valley State University. This professional will develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan with individual programs, including: developing and managing relationships with individual prospects utilizing appropriate sales, marketing, and client lead techniques; developing corporate/employer relationships; developing alumni relationships; coordinating and leading graduate recruitment events; and working with the Graduate School staff and graduate program directors. The Recruiter for Graduate Programs will establish and implement tracking systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts and will analyze prospect and admissions data to further inform the process. Flexibility for scheduling early, late, and weekend office hours is required to accommodate programming needs. This is a 12-month temporary position that has the possibility of being renewed.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimally two (2) years of recruitment or related work and/or experience, evidence of excellent communication skills, and demonstrated understanding of recruitment and marketing techniques.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the academic year, primarily within the State of Michigan. Valid Michigan driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s Degree, related experience with college or university students from diverse backgrounds, networking experience with professional associations and the business community, experience developing and managing recruitment events and programs.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with units across campus including the Graduate School, Office of Admissions, and academic units to implement graduate program recruiting plans, targeting prospective domestic and international graduate students
- Develop and implement comprehensive recruitment plans with individual graduate programs
- Develop and manage relationships with individual prospects utilizing appropriate sales, marketing, and client lead techniques
- Develop corporate/employer and alumni relationships to increase graduate enrollments
- Coordinate and lead graduate recruitment events; Provide recruiting support for graduate fairs, information sessions, open houses, and other recruitment efforts
- Work with graduate program directors to meet target enrollment goals
- Establish and implement tracking systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts for graduate programs
- Analyze prospect and admissions data to further inform the recruitment process
- Collaborate with The Graduate School and University Communications on social media presence and marketing campaigns
- Conduct competitive analysis and help organize, conduct, and analyze findings of graduate student focus groups
- Attend Institutional Marketing staff and production meetings and Graduate Program Director meetings
Salary: Salary is commensurate with degree and experience.
Department/Division: Office of the Provost, Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Campus: This position, while based on the Grand Rapids Pew Campus, will require regular activity at the Allendale and Health Campus/Grand Rapids locations. In addition, the successful candidate will travel to other GVSU locations, as well as to prospective student recruitment sites.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. You may also contact Chris Plouff in the Office of the Provost at 616-331-2400 with questions regarding this position.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend